We would like to introduce Dr Graham Munroe BVSc (Hons) PhD CertEO DESM DipECVS FRCVS
Dr Graham Munroe is our visiting surgeon here at NWEV, he provides specialist support and surgical expertise to NWEV.
We are very honoured to have Graham as part of the team, you will see why if you read his impressive credentials below!
• After graduating with honours Graham started his career in practice, spending 8 years in equine practice in Wendover, Newmarket (Rossdale and Ptnrs), Arundel, and Oxfordshire, as well as a stud season in the Waikato, New Zealand.
• Whilst in practice he studied for and gained CertEO and Cert ESM/DESM from RCVS.
• He joined Glasgow University in 1987 as a Lecturer in Equine Surgery and Reproduction where he ran the equine hospital and was a consultant surgeon and clinician.
• Graham obtained a PhD by thesis on Neonatal Foal Ophthalmology and Fellowship of the RCVS by examination in ophthalmology in1994.
• He then moved to Edinburgh as a Senior Lecturer in Large Animal Surgery in 1994 where he ran the orthopaedic service.
• He obtained DipECVS in 1997 by examination; and RCVS recognised specialist in equine surgery in 1999 – 2012.
Graham set up a private equine consultancy practice based in Scottish Borders in 1998 and consults in clinics across the UK, and occasionally on the continent.
• From 2003-2004, 2007-2009 and 2011 Graham was the visiting equine surgeon at University of Cambridge Veterinary School. 2017 he is visiting equine surgeon at Bristol Veterinary School.
• He was the British Driving team vet from 1994-2001
• British Dressage team vet 2001-2003
• Assisted British Vaulting team at FEI World Equestrian games in 1998 and 2002
• FEI veterinary delegate at Athens 2004 Olympics.
Graham has lectured on courses and congresses in the UK and all over the world, including the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Belgium, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Holland, Poland, Czech Republic, and Portugal. He is joint editor of a multi-author international textbook on Clinical Equine Medicine, Surgery and Reproduction published in 2011 by Manson.
As you can see we are very lucky to have such a renowned surgeon as part of our team at NWEV. Graham is happy to see equine cases involving any type of surgery (excluding laparoscopy and laser endoscopic surgery).